Saturday, December 03, 2005

Why she's my best friend EVER

Kara is my best friend. She set me and my husband up on our first date. She was my DOULA and was with me through all 36 hours of my labor... in fact she almost caught the damn baby. She's always been there.

But, you want to know how i reaaally know she's my bff? She'd had a hard couple of days with last-minute company... and said to me when i asked her how she was faring..

'It's all i can do to keep the liquor in the house, Lydia... this morning, you know what i did? I got that nasty coconut rum out, and poured some of that into some orange juice and DRANK IT DOWN, because it was all i had.'

She really doesn't drink much, on a normal basis. So this touched my heart with it's vulnerability and humanity. That's why I love Kara, because she's real and true and has weaknesses and isn't afraid to admit it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadia said...

Lydia, love ya!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home