Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"When I grow up i wanna be a hockey player"

Says Sophia, who is three, lol.

I ask, in response: Honey do you know what hockey players DO?
S: 'Yeah, they hit round things with sticks'
S: 'So, would that be ok with you?'
Me: Of course, baby, you can do whatever you want to do.
S: 'I'm gonna teach daddy how to play hockey'.
Me: Stifling laughter, That sounds like a great plan, kiddo.

Later on:
S: After I play hockey, would it be all right with you if I married Nicholas (a little boy who she goes to school with who is passionately in love with her, hee hee).
Me: Now choking on giggles, You know, Nicholas is a great kid, Sophia. I would be very pleased if you married him.
S: 'Yeah, he's nice. But sometimes he says bad words and doesn't listen to the teacher. But I don't say bad words, mommy.
Me: I am so glad, honey, that makes me very happy to hear.

And that's nothing. You should hear the amazing things she comes up with! And her memory is, like, freakish or something. I worked at a gym daycare from when she was about 7 months to 2.5 years old. One of my coworkers would bring one of those vile chicken nugget frozen 'meals' (high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils, mmmm good) EVERY day. Every goddamned day for her own kid who was a little younger than Sophia. Well, sometimes the girls would share their food and Sophie would score a chicken nugget. Today, a YEAR since we've set foot in that joint, we were driving past it and she says, i shit you not: 'Mom, you remember that lady, with glasses but not like your glasses, with the little girl? She used to give me chicken nuggets. 'Member her?' I almost wrecked the car i was so stunned. I love our conversations, sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home